Friday 13 November 2020

Pandora's Box

I always say the past is like Pandora's box, don't open it up unless it's necessary. When you think about it, no matter how amazing the memories were, they are only bittersweet now. We will never be able to relive those moments, no matter how much you once cherish and praying those moments won't fade away - they fade away. Much quicker than you'd think. 

But honestly, who doesn't live without having this Pandora's box in their closet?

Recently a friend got me to open up my box, and frankly the experience wasn't pleasant. I was reminded with things that I would love to forget - but I never will. It is once of my most precious memories, no matter the ending. Thinking about her still occasionally gives me strength, the reason why I worked so hard towards everything was so she might come back to me. It will never happen. I know. 

Once I was young, chasing for a fever dream. Running my life imaging a romantic film would become true - after some long and painful years, we meet up and fall for each other again, then happily ever after. Only I forget there's no such thing for a lesbian couple, we live by tragedy. Summer fling, winter fireplace; only memories bring them lives. 

When I close my eyes, I'm next to the sea with you again. There, strumming on our guitars, we are back to our teenage years dreaming to become some amazing adults. We were kids who known everything, yet nothing. Wasted our youth with drinking Vodka with no mixer, pretended we were not drunk and able to walk straight. Curiosity, drugs, and love. 

Only love, that still burns bright, and will always burn bright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment