Friday 13 November 2020

Home is 17

Found a faded Polaroid

In the pocket of my ripped jeans 

Next to a train ticket that's a-few-year old 

Memories flooding back

It was an afternoon like this

Faded blue, lawless teens


So bottom up to those years

Sun never set in that seaside town

Dancing under a starry sky

How you kissed me on my right eye 

Ice on ice running in the wind 

Crossed my heart and crossed my mind

Would you take me back to 17

Would you?


Barely ever think about it

My wasted youth in the pouring rain

Won't admit I belong to anywhere 

I might be a hypocrite

Wrote this on a London train 

Fearless days, autumn air 


Can you hear me?

Same place, different people

Same teens, forever feeble 

From the eyes of a Gemini

I can't go back.


Said goodbye to those years

Staring at the past with running tears

Used to dance all night long

Wasting youth was nothing wrong

Ice on ice we were running wild 

Dreaming of hope being exiled 

I could never run back to 17

But memories are evergreen. 

Cause home is 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment